Our focus on employee growth and development
Pfizer leaders and managers take an active role in developing colleagues and helping them fulfill their career goals:
- Individual Development Plans: Colleagues work with their managers to create detailed career “roadmaps” that take into account colleague interests and aspirations as well as Pfizer’s business needs.
- Mentoring: Pfizer actively promotes mentoring through its Mentor Match online tool – a quick and easy way to volunteer to be a mentor or to find a mentor that meets specific criteria.
- Internal Advancement: Colleagues may freely explore and apply for positions within Pfizer.
- Coaching-Focused Performance Management Process: Pfizer encourages managers to hold frequent, robust performance coaching discussions, rather than assigning labels to sum up an entire year’s performance.
- Short- and Medium-Term Experiential Opportunities: Through activities like job-rotation assignments, experiential action projects, and short-term project roles, Pfizer offers colleagues a variety of short- and medium-term career development opportunities.
- Learning & Development Opportunities: Colleagues can take advantage of learning and development opportunities focused on hundreds of topics, including leadership and management skills, industry- and job-specific learning, and general business, manufacturing, finance, and technology skills.